Monday, December 7, 2015

The Answer

As a missionary, I have begun to collect a lot of spiritual experiences. I can say that I know that the message we teach is true, because of the way I have seen it change my own life. This week we got to see the change in one of our investigators. On Friday, we had a lesson with Sofia one of the few young adults we are teaching. Our ward mission leader was helping us with the lesson as well. We had talked a lot about preparing Sofia and her brother Thomas for baptism. We felt that they didn't have their own testimony that was pushing them forward, they were progressing without real intent. So we focused our lesson on how they could get the spirit; praying, reading the scriptures, and coming to church. At the end of the lesson we asked Sofia to pray, and she offered a nice prayer thanking the Lord for her health, for the peace she had felt, and for what she had learned. 


After her prayer we were sitting there on our knees and our ward mission leader glanced at me. We had talked about that Sofia needed to do a specific prayer. Though it was awkward, and a bit uncomfortable, I asked Sofia if she could pray one more time, and ask specifically if what we had taught was true and if the Book for Mormon was true. She agreed and offered a simple, and short prayer. She stuttered about halfway between. At the end of her second prayer, I was about to get up from my knees when my companion asked her how she had felt. She burst out into tears, exclaiming she had felt something so powerful, something so shockingly undeniable that had revealed to her the truth. Testimonies are born from the impressions we receive. 

I had received my answer the same way she had. A simple prayer asking God to tell me the truth. I know that God cannot lie, I cannot deny what I have felt, and I know that it was revealed to me by God and not by any other means. 


Have a great week guys, 
Love, Elder Haddad

Photos: 
This week I also got punished and sent to Austral, which is one of our neighboring sectors, for the day with Elder Alder. If you remember my photos from Torres del Paine, he was the one with the Aggies shirt. He is still struggling to come to terms that BYU is a greater school than Utah State. 

The other is Elder Weyand playing on the beach with a tire he found. 




No comments:

Post a Comment