Monday, August 3, 2015

The Best Two Years

They say the best two years is the mission. However, today is a different accomplishment for me. Two years ago today, I was baptized. Never could I imagine how that day would change my life, but I can firmly say that it did.

I honestly would just like to share 3 scriptures from the bible that I have really found comfort in and that really explain this experience better than I could. 
Isaiah 48:10, 2 Corinthians 12: 9-10, and 2 Timothy 1: 11-12

10 Behold, I have refined thee...I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.

 9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities..., in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

11 Where unto I am appointed a preacher...

 12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.

I have given everything for my faith, because I know this is true. I have never felt greater happiness or joy, I love you all. 


The rest of this email is what happened this past week: 

Jorge´s baptism






Sunset: We had exchanges this week - requested by me so I could get out to the house for a night. The other sectors here are beautiful, this one is called Fitz Roy. It is just rolling hills of suburbs and has some breath taking views of the sunsets here. 
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Wooden Nun: Well I thought I was going to die this week, when we knocked on a door and a man shuffled us into his house. I had explained that the church had been restored and that we wanted to share our message with him. By some miracle, he let us in, opening his door and pushing us down a hallway. I then got glare of that thing, and I thought I was going to die. I thought that we had just walked into some sort of religious torture chamber, because the hallway we walked down was filled of pictures of Christ's suffering. Turns out no, he is an artist, and carves religious art out of wood. Super interesting experience, his name is Jose, and he's from Spain. haha. 

Wooden girl: Another one of Jose's creations, this one is less creepy. 
Elder Salgado: my companion ate a scorpion lollipop too... 
Our district leader got transferred earlier than expected, this is Elder Espinoza. 

No comments:

Post a Comment