Monday, July 27, 2015

The Haunting of 1220 Club Hippico

Well I don't think I ever believed in ghosts, or super natural stuff, I honestly thought it was all movie magic and fairy tale lies. I have never seen anything nor had any reason to believe that they exist, but there is something in our house and I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared. I didn't start asking questions until about week 2. There was something different about our house, though I just couldn't put my finger on it. You would walk in and kind of just feel something, something dark and just cold. I tried my best to ignore it, and mostly just to not think about it, but I cannot deny that 1220 Club Hippico is haunted. That's only the beginning until I found out more of the story. This is a true story, it's up to you to believe it, but having lived in that house, I know it's true. 


Now our house is old, really old. It's not the greatest work of construction either, but hey it's four walls, and it's warm enough. It just so happened that about 20 years ago, the grandfather of our landlord lived in the house. He lived alone for many years until he died in the house. I didn't understand the exact details of the story, but he was elderly and whatever sickness he had, ended up being too much for his body to handle. I'm not in the least but afraid of staying in a house in which someone died, but he died...and didn't really leave. The landlord's daughter lives next door in a smaller house. They were going to move in, but they couldn't stand to live in the house that their grandfather died in. 

Elder Salgado's last companion and him had a lot of problems with this ghost thing. Elder Salgado said for his first 6 weeks he couldn't sleep in the house. There would be pounding on the wall, or the paintings would shake as they said their prayers at night. Doors would open and close on their own, and the house, thought it had heating, never got warm. They took a kind of childish step to get over their nerves, and they covered the house with pictures of Jesus and biblical stories. The attempt didn't last long, because the "disturbances" kept coming. 

After being too terrified to sleep and caught up by the consequences of insomnia, Elder Salgado and his old companion left in the middle of the night to sleep in the house of the district leader. They ran from the house that night because they were so terrified. They decided to confront someone because the situation was clearly not getting better. The stake president was called to come and give the house a blessing. That was about a week before I got here. So far it has been pretty good. I have trouble sleeping sometimes because there's a lot of wind blasting against the house, but I swear I see shadows running across the room. It would be something normal if there was a window in our room, but there's not. 
But there's one thing I can't deny.....it's back. 

Love to you all,
Elder Haddad

No comments:

Post a Comment