Monday, July 20, 2015

Ohh Blessed Pday

On the mission you live Monday to Monday. It's like I blink and it's already Monday, but wow a break is well needed. The title of this email comes from the chant my companion says every Monday morning, right before we go out for the day. 

This week was great, I only fell twice. It actually took us about 2 hours to walk 2 miles or so because of how icy the ground was. We have been getting this awesome snow and rain combination that makes it feel like you're walking around a ice rink with someone chasing you with a leaf blower. 

Dare I say it but we are going to have a baptism here. We have a golden family here in Estrecho. They have come to church twice already and are preparing to get baptized on the 1st of August. This is a miracle, but this miracle only came through the result of hard work and obedience. This sector has never seen success like it has in the last three weeks. We have gotten more new investigators in the last weeks than this sector has seen in the past year. We have taught more lessons in the last weeks than in the last 6 months. I know numbers don't indicate success, it's dependent on your desire to find people and bring them to the gospel. This place broke me down, just door knock after door knock after rejection after rejection. I didn't let myself make any excuses that this sector is dead, it's alive and thriving. The work only becomes involving if you put you're willing to put your whole heart into it. We are working as hard as we can with the members, and it has paid off. When people ask me how my mission was, I will probably respond, I was just always cold. But here, that's what success feels like haha.

Short update this week, have a great week everyone. 

Love,
Elder Haddad

No comments:

Post a Comment