Thursday, June 23, 2016

Coincidences Don´t Exist

This week Elder Shobe and I had a pretty awesome experience. We went to go and contact one of our references that just so happened to live pretty close to our house. We had put this guy, Mauricio, on our plans for like a solid week and every time we went by, there was nobody there. No light in the house and no one every answered the door. On Tuesday we decided to go by for the last time, and if he wasn't there, we were just going to take him off the list. We went by right before we were going to head in to go and plan...but this time there was light in the house. We knocked the door and this lady answered the door, we asked for Mauricio, but he wasn't there. This lady looks at us and is like, its cold, do you want to come in. OF COURSE. Boom we get in the house and she is like I think I know you guys. Neither Elder Shobe nor I remembered contacting her before, so I didn't know what this lady was talking about. We asked where she had seen us and she said in Ovejeria. 

When she said that, it all came back to me. 6 months ago in Ovejeria Elder Shobe and I, along with the other Elders had started English Classes. This lady, Karina, and her husband Mauricio had come to those English classes. I remember teaching them about fruits and vegetables and then we passed the reference to the elders in Rahue where they lived. 

Never did Elder Shobe or I think that we would get put back in the same place where they live. There is definitely a reason why we were put back together as companions and why we are here. 

On Friday we went back to teach them about the Book of Mormon. We had such a great and spiritual lesson, it was fantastic! We are really excited for them! 

Elder Haddad

No comments:

Post a Comment