Tuesday, May 17, 2016

To My Hero, Elder Wertner


I am definitely one who has a testimony that through our trials we are made stronger people. I believe that we are able to progress and learn from whatever life throws at us, and as we learn to become more diligent, obedient, loving, caring, hopeful, ect. 

This week Elder Wertner returned home under a medical release. I have never met anyone with a desire to work as hard as him. For as much pain as he was going through, he pushed through every day. He encouraged me when I was unmotivated and always kept the spirit up. He was diligent and obedient, in every aspect of the mission. I am so grateful to have been able to serve with such a great companion and friend. Maybe the closest person I knew to a 4th missionary, someone who has given everything they have to the Lord. 

He never complained. He never gave up. He had taught me one of the most important lessons of my life, how to endure to the end. I commend you for your service and love for the people.

I wish you the best Elder Wertner,

Sincerely,
Elder Haddad

No comments:

Post a Comment