Tuesday, May 10, 2016

The Break Up

Email from May 2

Sometimes in the mission we pass through break ups. We find and teach people and over the weeks be develop great relationships with them. They become great friends, and they begin to recognize the great change taking place in their lives. You help them through the hard times and the trails they have, and they see the hand of the Lord in their lives. This week one of our investigators asked that we not pass by again. I was not put to tears, but it was sad and hard to imagine that all the changes that we had made in his life.

There is something I have noticed with people who go through this sort of change. It happens with investigators and with members. This is one of the greatest teachings I think I have learned on the mission. The power of praying daily, reading the scriptures daily and going to church every week. Three things that seem so simple but they are the direct cause to what I would believe of almost every person going inactive.

This isn't the first time I have seen this happen, but when it does happen, we try our best to leave the investigators with our testimony and with our continued prayer. This gospel is something I want to commit myself to for the rest of my life, and I want to commit myself to always having the habits of praying, reading the scriptures, and attending church.
We have had our fair share of trials, but we have seen so many miracles. We have found some amazing investigators, have helped people become more converted to the Lord. This has been the greatest experience of my life. 

With love,
Elder Haddad

                                                              Selfies with Leivita


No comments:

Post a Comment